- Demonstrates consistent, outstanding performance
- Exceeds Job expectations
- Demonstrates commitment to the organization
- Demonstrates a willingness/enthusiasm to help out a patient, or be a team player
- Contributes to fostering a positive workplace
- Makes a difference in a patient’s/employees day
- Demonstrates caring, courteous care to patients
- Enhances team morale
- Focuses on experience of safety, transparency, recognition, respect, dignity and choice
- Shows respect for patient preferences (which includes involving the patient in medical decisions, respecting dignity and autonomy, creates an atmosphere respectful of individual patients)
- Demonstrates coordination of clinical care and supporting services to reduce patients feeling vulnerable
- Provides information and education to patients (which includes providing information of how to access care when required, providing instructions regarding referrals, specialists, services and location of such services)
- Ensures patients are physically comfortable (which includes support for activities of daily living, surroundings and environment)
- Involves, accommodates and supports families by recognizing their needs as well as their patients
- Continuity and Transition (includes providing information, coordination of care and treatment/services on discharge and access to support services - clinical/social/physical and financial on an ongoing basis)
- Provides emotional support to patient and their families, which includes lessoning anxiety over status, illness, finances, etc.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please refer to Employee Rewards & Recognition Policy in the BCHS Document Management System, specifically how it relates to applicable practices/legislation.
You can print off a nomination form here and drop it off at Human Resources in the Brantford General.
You can use the on-line form below to nominate someone: